Friday, April 18, 2014

So Life Begins

The Big 1-8

    So this is where it all begins.  As the introductory blog post, I'll tell you about me!  I am recently 18 and beginning to learn the stresses of life.  I am a Senior at Spanish Fork High School and I am planning to attend USU Eastern in the Fall.  I am extremely excited and nervous for this new adventure but I know it is going to be a lot of fun!
    I grew up on a farm with a full time farmer as a dad and a wonderful stay at home mother as a mom.  Throughout my life I have been through a lot of different obstacles.  When I was 11 my parents were divorced and a lot of things changed for me.  About one year later I lost a lot of loved ones from cancer and some just of old age.  One of those passing's was my 10 year old cousin who battled cancer from a very young age.  I miss these people incredibly in my life.
    In my life I have learned the value of hard work, dedication, strength, love, friendship and family.  For only being 18, I have faced a lot and I know that this isn't the end of it.  I have to continue to work hard and have faith so that I can be a better person.  
    My life is going to continue to change a lot as I get older.  I plan to attend college and earn a Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education.  I have ALWAYS wanted to be a teacher so I am really excited about this!  Throughout my entire Senior Year, I have been able to take part in two internships in an elementary school.  It has been so much fun!  I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to FINALLY get to be a teacher!
    Some other things about me... I come from a family of only four.  My mom, dad, older sister and myself.  My sister and I are 4 years and 20 days apart.  Even though it doesn't always seem so, she is my favorite person ever!  She is almost graduated from college and has worked hard to become and Ag Teacher!  I am excited for her and all her future endeavors!
    Throughout my Senior Year I have been working as a Nanny.  Obviously not full time but Monday- Friday after school each week.  I have grown to love the kids so much!  I care for a very adorable first grader named Ali, and a very joyful eighth grader named Cooper.  Cooper has Down-Syndrome and caring for him has honestly softened my heart in so many ways!  I have grown to love the world he sees and even more so, loved being a part of it!  The two of them always find a way to make my day better even when they are little stinkers!  When I move to college I will miss them like CRAZY!
    I have also had the opportunity to be the yearbook editor at Spanish Fork High.  It has taught me so much about leadership and given me an insight on what it is like to run a classroom.  I am so grateful for the experience it has given me.  I have met really incredible people and had the opportunity to let friendships grow.  Two of the best friendships to come out of this were one with my co-editor, Taylor and the other with my adviser, Mr. Ferrin.  
    As hard as my life has been, I would not trade it for anything!  Love the life you live :)
One of my Senior pictures

Ali and Lacey
Cooper and I 


Ali and I
Taylor and I after yearbook camp
Yearbook camp!

My cousin Anna who passed at age 10

No comments:

Post a Comment