Tuesday, August 19, 2014

My Best Friend

     Alright, I am going to be one of "those people" who get all sappy about their best friend.  He is seriously one of the greatest blessings in my entire life.  Elijah and I had a friendship through mutual friends for a couple of years and then the two of us spent a lot of time hanging out and helping each other through some really hard times in our lives.
     Over a period of about 8 months, our friendship went from friends to best friends.  He has been there for me through literally everything.  I have never had a friend that knew absolutely everything about me before him.  He is the only one in my life that knows every last detail which is actually pretty cool.  When you have a friend that you can trust that much and tell everything to, don't let them go!
     To clarify... for everyone who tends to think this.. we aren't dating.  He literally is just my best friend and I couldn't ask for anything better than that!  I'm so grateful for all the things I have learned from him and all the times he has been there for me within minutes when I needed him.  He has one of the most amazing personalities and one of the biggest hearts.  Elijah is absolutely selfless.  I have seen him do so much for so many people and not expect anything in return.  He's such a good person.
     Just last Wednesday, August 13, 2014, he left for his mission to Jackson, Mississippi.  I am so proud of him and his choice to serve The Lord.  It was the hardest "see you soon" I have ever had to say.  I already miss him so much but it helps knowing that he is going to be sharing his love of the Gospel and his really awesome personality with so many people who need him.  I know that in the end I still got really lucky to have a friend like him.  I'm really going to miss our long pointless drives to nowhere, staying up all night just talking and blasting country music and singing a long just because we could.
     Thanks for being my best friend and someone I could rely on no matter what time of day it was.  I'm so proud of you and so excited that you finally got to go on your mission, you're one incredible individual!! I love you! :)

                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment