Thursday, March 3, 2016

Spiritual Serenity - March 3, 2016

Because this is my first "Spiritual Serenity" post, let me explain. 

Over the past two weeks, the Spirit has been very apparent in my life. I have been at a steady peace and have experienced the simple, yet miraculous, day-to-day blessings that my Father in Heaven and Savior provide for me and for others. 

One of the best ways to help myself grow and help others understand God's love for them is to share my testimony every chance I get, thus, "Spiritual Serenity." These posts are not intended to be lengthy, just something simple, maybe something for you and I to reflect on as we go about our day. 

My hope is that no matter what religion or belief you are a part of, you can take something from these posts. 

That being said, here's the first one I would like to share:

In the ward I attended this past Sunday, the topic at hand was faith. This is not a direct quote but a paraphrase:

            Having faith in the easier times of our life, makes faith easier to find in the trying times of our life. 

When we have easier times in our lives we might not be as eager to pray because we become content. It is possible that we might not nourish our seed of faith by regular scripture study because we aren't really 'searching' for anything. We are in a blissful state and have found a temporary joy. 

However, this is the MOST important time to build our faith. We should kneel and thank our Father for His hand in all things, we should study the scriptures daily with pure intent to come closer to Christ and we should always have a faith not easily shaken. 

When trial strikes, and it will, we can draw upon our solidified faith to get us through it. That faith is what brings us to put our trust in God and His love for us; it is what reminds us that we are NEVER alone and everything will be okay. 

John 14:27 says, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." 

And an apostle of the Lord, George Q. Canon said, "No matter how serious the trial, how deep the distress, how great the affliction, God will never desert us, He never has, and He never will."


It's true, He loves us and we are blessed beyond measure. 



2 comments:

  1. This is really deep Casey! It really made me think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Casey, I do get content at times and then I'm not as prayerful as I should be, so thank you for the gentle reminder.

    ReplyDelete