Tuesday, November 4, 2014

General Conference- October 2014

    So yes, I am writing a post about LDS General Conference an entire month after it happened.  I need to get better at this posting thing!  I guess the way I look at it is that it did make such an impact on me, a month later I am still thinking about all the amazing messages.  This is the first general conference that I sat down and truly watched all the way through!  I was so so excited the entire week before!
    I wrote down some questions that I had for my life before conference started and guess what?  They were answered throughout the sessions.
    I really liked the talk by Lynn G. Robbins that talked about which way we faced.  We need to always remember what direction we face in this life, if we are doing it right, we are facing God.  We work toward being able to live with Him again.  I REALLY enjoyed the talk by Chi Hong Wong.  He spoke about how each individual and each calling of the church is so important.  We really need to work together to continue to build our church to be stronger and help each of us as members grow.  Along with strengthening ourselves and the church, each of us should strive to be missionaries and spread the Gospel.  We should reach out and help those in need and remind them that Jesus Christ loves them as he loves each of us.  As we help others, the Lord with help and bless us.
    There were so many good talks in conference!  I challenge you to get online and re-read them, find new messages and write down your thoughts in a journal.  I think it is super important for us to do those things, some of the greatest messages come to us in conference.  Ask yourselves questions before you watch or read conference talks, I promise you that you will find answers in some way or another.
    The last talk I want to talk about is President Monson's talk.  The main point in his talk was "walking where Jesus walked is far less important than walking AS Jesus walked."  I love this so much!  We should strive to be like Jesus each day.  President Monson also said we should be waling on the path of service, prayer, scripture study, moral cleanliness and love.  We can continually improve ourselves through these habits and come unto Christ.  One more quote from his talk is, "nothing else, no other choice we make, can make of us what He can."  I love this so much.  We need to focus our lives on God.  
    I am so happy with my life right now and the direction that it is going.  I am continuing to make good choices and striving to do my best in everything I do.  This is the best way to go about things.  I promise if you put your trust in God and know that he has a plan for you as well as push yourself to do better in all you do, you will be taken care of.  Heavenly Father loves you and he knows you.  He knows your struggles and he will always be there for you no matter what your circumstance.  You are never alone, trust in that and trust in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment