Thursday, May 5, 2016

PRICEless

People knock small towns ALL the time… especially little Price, Utah.

A drive by...
A simple coal miner’s town...
A college pit stop...
A nothing town...

I cannot tell you how many times I’ve been asked, “Do you like it there?” and then heard a laugh following my “I love it!” response. Or how many times I’ve been asked, “Why Price?” 
So let me answer that very simple question.

Price has given me some of the most amazing people.

The friendships I have made while in Price are so valuable and completely priceless. They are friends that turned into family. They are the kindest, most loving and caring people. These relationships mean the world to me.
Because of these individuals I have learned life lessons and skills that will follow me forever. With them, I have shared some of the greatest laughs, had the greatest conversations, made life-long memories and learned what it means to love and be loved.

Price has been the home of my mighty change of heart.

Before I moved to Price I was lost. I didn’t have goals that were on the straight and narrow and I didn’t know who I really was. Because of many wonderful influences around me, a lot of prayer and signs that my Heavenly Father was near, I was able to find myself.
Price provided me many opportunities to grow and learn: 

I was able to take on responsibilities as an adult that gave me necessary skills to progress. 

I learned that sometimes you have to just take care of you if you want to get anywhere. 

I learned a love for people, all kinds and all backgrounds. 

I learned when to love and when to give tough love. And most importantly, I learned who I am and what I stand for.

Price has given me various jobs that changed who I am.

First, I worked as a mentor on the USU Eastern campus. I helped first-year students continue on their successful paths of higher education. I had the chance to help individuals through their educational trials and it was so satisfying. I had the most amazing boss and teammates who definitely have a place in my heart. Getting to know these individuals and see their love for others made me so very grateful for their part in my life.

Second, I worked for one of the best families I know! Dinosaur Tire was the HARDEST place in Price to leave. I love the Axelgard family so much and I have eternal gratitude for everything I learned while I was there. They taught me so much and I was always laughing throughout the day. They are my Price family!  

Third, I had the opportunity to spend a few hours a week with an elderly lady helping her with basic tasks. Her stories and advice gave me a new outlook on life. I am so grateful for the time I could spend with her learning, laughing and serving.

Never take for granted the jobs you are given, they can be the biggest blessings in your life if you let them.

Price has given me a place to miss.

I know it’s cliché, but part of my heart will always belong to Price. It is a place that I am going to miss so much. It has become a second home for me, a place I will always proudly claim. Price, for me, will never be just a drive-by or a nothing town;


Price is home.


No comments:

Post a Comment